Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hooray for Moms!!

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren


So, this was my very first Mother's Day, and it was great! In the morning, we went up to Taggart's Grill with Matt's family for brunch. It was such a nice day that we sat outside to eat, and enjoyed the fresh air. Then, for dinner, we went to my parent's house for a BBQ.


Matt got me the beautiful hanging plant, that's in the pic up above, and some other flowers for my little garden in the back yard. The best Mother's Day gift, though, was Maddie. She brings so much joy to my life, and I have already learned so much from her. I never thought I could love anything as much as I love her....it's unreal!


The things I love the most about being a mom: when I get her to smile, when she lays her head on my chest while she's sleeping, giving her a bath, the face she makes when she is leaving a "surprise" in her diaper, and all the cute little clothes I get to dress her in!


Things that I don't like: missing sleep!




3 comments:

Alicia said...

That picture is so cute...that is sweet of matt to get you the flowers...i love those hanging plants! Maddie looks like she is getting big! I can't believe I haven't seen her since she was in that little tanning bed!:) I won't be at the game tonight because it is too early! So hopefully next week I will see you...or we could hang out sometime this weekend.

Lindsay said...

She looks SO much like you Sam! I'm glad you had a good first mother's day! Lets get together soon...

Britni said...

Isn't being a mom great! I'm glad you had a good day. Maddie is looking big, and so cute!